Division B & C – Ways to Play
NC Science Olympiad is excited to share our plans for the 2021 Science Olympiad tournament season. While COVID-19 continues to impact our daily lives, we have laid out a strategy for continuing student participation that is adaptable to your unique situation. Our model will allow your team to start the season with enough options and flexibility to provide you with an engaging experience, no matter how your local situations evolve.
Science Olympiad Social Media Challenges
(Can be done separately or in conjunction with tournament season).
NCSO will develop monthly social media challenges based on the slate of events for the 2021 season. Winners will be selected to receive prizes.
- Nationals will release New rule manuals after Labor Day
- Big change – NC will be following the National Science Olympiad rule, which allows 15 team members on the team.
- Registration opens September 1st with known regional names and dates TBD.
- National Science Olympiad will be sponsoring “My SO” with monthly challenges and resources.
- Virtual Coaches Clinic will be held in early October.
- Virtual Invitational for B & C to be held in mid November.
- Regional directors will commit to hosting a tournament in a manner/date best suited for their regional restrictions. This will be determined later in the fall in conjunction with schools being open for students or completely virtual.
- Award ceremonies will be hosted virtually.
National Science Olympiad is highlighting the 3 C’s – Citizenship & Character in the Community.
NCSO will work to create an easy solution to having high school & college students mentor elementary teams through their school’s preferred virtual meeting platform. Our goal is to have at least one mentor per team across the state. Mentors assigned on a first-come-first-served basis.