Division: Div C – High School
NC Essential Standards Alignment: Science as Inquiry, PSc.1.1., Phy.1.1, Phy.1.2
Event Rules: See the National rules manual
Event Score Sheet: 2022 Event Scoresheet – Coming Soon
National Event Page: Here
Each team must bring one vehicle, one ramp, alignment devices (if used), one practice log, and additional/spare parts as well as counterweights to secure the ramp. Teams may bring data, one stand-alone calculator of any type along with non-electric tools which do not need to be impounded.
- we will NOT be checking the mass of the car
- Safety Glasses WILL be required in this event
Teams must design, build, and test one vehicle and ramp, that uses the vehicle’s gravitational potential energy as its sole means of propulsion to reach a target as quickly and as accurately as possible.
Low score wins.
– At any given tournament, approximately 1/3 of the vehicles are penalized for construction violations. This is something easy to avoid.
– Be sure to submit your practice log labeled correctly and measuring at least 4 parameters.
– This is an impound event! Anyone can impound the device for the competitors. Check your tournament schedule to see the times and places for impound.